Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Grant Kempton's 6 points from his talk Hazirlik - Rickety Bridges or Suspension Bridges
1. Create a context for learning
2. Provide opportunities for Critical Thinking, a vital 21st century skill which students need
3. Relate learning to personal experience and real life - practise speed reading
4. Provide scaffolding and support beware of stuff from the Internet!
5. Foster learning and doing - e.g. in the Scenario in Language Leader
6. Hand over the class to your students - push them don't pull them
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!
Students need to take responsibility for learning; Teachers need to provide opportunities and encourage this.